RULES OF PARTICIPATION TO THE ESCH2022MOVES CHALLENGE
- In the context of the opening event REMIX Opening organized by Esch2022, European Capital of Culture, located in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (hereinafter, “Esch2022“), Esch 2022 organizes the social media challenge “Esch2022moves” (hereinafter, “Esch2022moves“) through which the grand public will be able to participate in a danse challenge, based on defined choreographies by Esch2022.
- Esch2022moves aims to raise awareness for the project Esch2022 by stimulating all inhabitants to share their content (defined danse moves) on social media.
- Esch2022moves is open to all inhabitants, regardless of age, nationality or place of residence. The selected winners will be divided into four categories: best solo, best duo, best group, best dance department.
- The selection criterion taken into account are of artistic nature: most creative/most original/best technical moves.
- From all applications received, 17 candidates will be selected in total for stage performance during the opening event on 26th February 2022 as well as they will receive a price in nature.
- In these rules of participation (hereinafter, “Rules of participation“) and on the website in general, the use of the masculine gender to designate persons is intended solely to lighten the text and to identify without discrimination individuals of both sexes, and all individuals in general.
1. Call for participation
1.1 Instructions and dates
- A call for applications is published on the website www.esch2022/www.esch2022moves.lu and announced on the internet in general.
- To participate, candidates must follow the instructions on the website:
– Choose your department: are you a fire, earth, wind or water person?
– Learn the dance and film yourself dancing, with your own personal moves included too of course!
– Post to Instagram (your account must be public) or TikTok, and make sure you use the hash tag #esch2022dancechallenge so we can find your video. Add your department logo from the Gify library and department hashtag too.
– Tag three friends and challenge them to do the same!
- The call for participation is open until 20 December, 2021 23h59m59s. However, an extension of the deadline for applications until 20 January, 2021 23h59m59s may be decided by Esch2022. No individual extension will be granted.
1.2 Registration fee
- Participation in the social media challenge is completely free. The participant needs to dispose about his own social media account.
- A candidate is entirely free to withdraw his participation by notifying Esch2022 of his/her decision to withdraw by contacting Esch2022 at email@example.com and Esch2022 will acknowledge receipt.
- Any participation that is not following the instructions mentioned in point 1.1.22 at the closing date of the call for participation will not be considered by Esch2022.
2. Selection of winners and selection committee
2.1 Selection of winners
- The selection of winners is carried out by the Esch2022 selection committee (hereinafter the “Committee“) between 20 December 2021 and 4 February 2022.
- There are eight groups of participants: solo advanced challenge, solo citizen’s challenge, duo advanced challenge, duo citizen’s challenge , fire, water, air, earth.
- The Committee selects 20 participants from the four groups: solo citizen’s challenge (1), solo advanced challenge (1), duo citizen’s challenge (2), duo advanced challenge (2), group (10), air (1), earth (1), water (1), fire (1) that it has noticed the most from an artistic point of view.
- The identity of the selected candidates is announced by Esch2022 on 1 February 2022. The announcement is made by email to the candidates.
2.2 Esch 2022 selection committee
- The members of the commission are appointed by Esch2022.
- The commission is chaired by Nancy Braun, Managing Director of Esch2022. The names of the other members of the commission are not disclosed to the public to avoid any external pressure.
- The members of the commission are, among others, drawn from the Luxembourg and European cultural and musical milieu.
- Each member of the committee certifies on his or her honour that he or she is not a family member of one of the candidates.
- Esch2022 will forward the candidates’ application files to the committee as of 20 December 2021.
- The committee must review the candidates’ applications and communicate its votes to Esch2022 15 January 2022.
- The results obtained by the candidates are made public.
- The names of the selected candidates are revealed by Esch2022 on 6 February 2022. The announcement is made on the website, on social networks, and by email to candidates.
- Participants in the challenge remain the owners of all copyrights relating to their dance video.
4. Personal data
- Esch2022 ensures that no personal information is requested from participants that is not genuinely relevant to the consideration of their application. Esch2022 is committed to processing in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Esch2022 is processing Visitors’ and Users’ Personal Data according to the terms and for the purposes described in its data protection notice.
5. Postponement, cancellation, force majeure
- Esch2022 reserves the right to postpone or cancel the “Esch2022moves” if circumstances so require, in particular if the participants do not allow for a selection of winners meeting the quality criteria of the selection committee.
- Esch2022 shall not be liable for the consequences of any postponement or cancellation.
6. Applicable law
- The Rules of participation are subject to Luxembourg law. Any disputes that may arise between Esch2022 and the candidates will be submitted to the competent courts of the judicial district of the City of Luxembourg. However, Esch2022 reserves the right to take action before any other competent court.
- As the Rules of participation have been translated into several languages from French, the French version is considered the authoritative version in case of dispute or possible translation error.
- The participant acknowledges having read the Rules of participation, which he accepts expressly and without reservation.